Before your appointment
Prior to installlation, have your hair washed but do not use conditioner or any styling products. The cleaner the hair, the better. Using a clarifying shampoo and flat-ironing curls or waves will also assist in a cleaner application, but is not required.
After your appointment
- Schedule your fittings before you leave.
- WASH YOUR HAIR LESS FREQUENTLY. 1-3 TIMES PER WEEK IS IDEAL.
- Use a dry shampoo to freshen in-between washes.
- Use a clarifying shampoo once every 1-2 weeks.
- Use only sulfate-free shampoo.
- Do not deep condition. Do not apply conditioner to your roots or near your scalp.
- Do not apply direct heat to tape in or fusion adhesive.
- Do not attempt to remove any extensions by yourself. Schedule a tightening/removal asap.
- Do not go to bed with wet hair. sleeping with your hair wet will cause the extensions to matt and tangle.
- Only use a brush made for extensions. Brush your hair 2-3 times per day. Hold your hair at the root and brush the mid-shaft to the ends only.
- Go to sleep with a loose pony, braid or pigtails.
- A silk pillowcase or hair wrap will assist with keeping your extensions smooth and free of tangles.
- Always use a thermal protectant before heat styling.
- Extensions need regular hair trims to help avoid breakage and maintain the life of the extension.
- Avoid salt water and chlorine.